Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Animation Mentor Week 2

Well that first week sure was easy! Got myself a nice juicy A for the first week. Hey that's like 1/12th of my grade woohoo!

So now week 2 has begun and I'm actually doing some drawings, posing, and even starting up Maya. This weeks focus seems to be on the 12 principles of animation as described in the Illusion of Life and I must say it is a lot to take in. Lucky the mentors and instructors know this so they were very patient with us during Q&A this week in explaining and helping us understand how and why the principles exist. Also how to use and spot them in other animations as well as implement them in ours. 

So the assignment this week was to go out and draw! So for the past two weeks I've been staring at people a lot (creeeeepy) and just noticing different stances and getting ideas for what I want to pose out. My first drawing ended up looking like this...
I immediately bought a drawing book after this I swear! (I really did!)

I got good feedback on poses 1, 3, 4, and 5. So I'm going to go back and maybe strengthen or elaborate on those 4 poses tonight/tomorrow and hopefully get some more feedback before I get into Maya and start messing around with Stu (Stu is the rig supplied by animation mentor). 

I'll update this blog probably Saturday or Sunday night with the rest of my week 2 work.

See ya space cowboy...

Update: More pics





No comments:

Post a Comment